Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tonight! Chrome!

There is a vintage motorcycle show. I want to ride my dream but it is not legal and I have not been farther than a mile from my house..... I will probably do it. Not sure yet.
She has been running really good lately. I keep the battery on a quick disconnect trickle charger when I don't ride it. I don't think it is getting recharged when I ride. That or something is draining it while it is sitting. Either way the trickle charger solves the problem for now. The electric start works after I clean it, which I have to kind of often..... and by some act of the motorcycle gods, my kick start has worked great for about a week......
Last night after riding her around a bit I decided to try to clean the chrome. I have never attempted this (I just like to get these old things running, I don't really care to make them shiny...) Anyway, I took some steal wool to the rims. I could not believe that well they cleaned up! They actually shine! I will try to get some pictures up today. I also rigged a solo seat on her but after riding for a little bit decided that is needs more adjustment than I want to worry about right now. I am putting the stock seat back on for now. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment