Saturday, April 4, 2009

A few days later

Nothing new to show really.  I cleaned out the carb and put it all back together the same day my carb kit came in the mail.  When I am going to learn not to buy stuff unless I absolutely need it?
Ordered a battery which arrived cracked......came from this little shop in Ohio.  Hopefully they have another one they can send.  I have checked at all the major battery joints and a 6N12-4A ain't the most popular battery they sell (they don't anymore).I even ordered on online and about 5 minutes after the order went through I got an email saying that the order had been voided b/c that battery is no longer made.....booooo.
  Other than the battery, the turd who worked on this before I got it was probably working on it with standard tools b/c the oil bolt is stripped....  I don't have much power in the right had these days due to a skateboard fall that dislocates 4 of 5, 2 weeks ago.  
  I have been trying to clean the tank out a little too.  Got two 1-foot stretches of chain and some acid and cleaned out the tank a little.  I need to do it again probably.  When doing this I discovered that only 2 of the 3 petcock screws were in use.  When I took the petcock off, one of them stripped and then broke off...I put penetrating oil in it a few times but even with vice grips it refuses to move... I think I might have to just drill it out and re-tap the tank...  I just want a new tank at this point......more annoying that carbs!
  One last thing.  the title..it from 1969.  When I took it in to transfer it, the nices ladies said I needed more information (even though there is no space to write it in on the original.....barf)  I need to get this signed over that it was a gift, etc..... I hate that place..remind me again why the government has to keep track of everything that is rolling down the road?....
 Lots of frustration but I just have to remember...the bike was free!  Back to the garage....

2 comments:

  1. Hey where did you order your battery from? My friend has a 1965 Honda 150 and needs a new battery and I am finding out as you have said that it is near impossible to find one. Any help would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine on ebay but the people have a small place in Ohio called rusty riders. if you google it I am sure it will come up. They sent me two so I am sure they have more. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete